1. These kids love to read! Holden brings me books all the time and then climbs in my lap for me to read them to him. I was pretty worried in the beginning because my children seemed to hate books but I'm loving now that they can communicate to me that they want to be read to.
2. This totally happened the day before our anniversary. Whoops!
3. The babies are growing up! Time to learn to eat with silverware (or plasticware in their case). We've also introduced the potty. We aren't planning on potty training yet but I would like to do it pretty early on. My mom has sort of challenged me because she potty trained all three of us by the time we were 2 (I was potty trained at 18 months).
giving up on the spoon
4. We headed up to Asheboro last weekend to celebrate my mother in law's birthday. The kids had fun playing outside and eating homemade ice cream.
we LOVE the biscuits at biscuit company and Emma Cate and Holden both enjoyed their first experience.
5. We took Holden and EC out to brunch with my family last weekend. Yes, Holden totally looked like a retiree in his khakis and white shirt but it is hard to match lilly! We also stuck a baseball cap on him for good measure and he looked like a total dork. Ha!
6. I enjoyed the BEST nap Sunday afternoon. We hardly ever use our living room and it was sooo peaceful in there. Its nice to have a space in our home that isn't covered in kid (although you can see a stroller handle and our big candle is down because little hands got a hold of it!)
7. My first one ever. Can't get enough.
8. First day of school at preschool #2. I've got to upload my photos from the big camera and do a whole post on this but until then...
ready for my first day!
don't leave! (don't worry she calmed down a few minutes after)
9. This sweet little boy decided to escape his crib on Wednesday morning and we ended up with a trip to the ER. Everything was totally fine, they just wanted to check him out and observe him since he fell on the hardwood. That evening my mom came over and we worked for a LONG time trying to lower the crib (we lowered them months ago but Jay didn't put it on the lowest setting...my mom had been warning him for the past month to lower it more). Finally Jay came home and we finished and now there is hopefully no more escaping! Also- keeping at 15 month old contained in a small room at the ER for 3+ hours of observation is no fun. I put all the dirty moveable things (trashcan, soiled linen bag/cart, food tray) in the hallway and a nurse came and brought them all back in and scolded me for moving them out there. I about lost it on her because I was so tired from chasing a baby around for 2 hours. I'm writing the hospital to ask that they make the children's emergency rooms more "child" friendly. Jay came over for a little bit so I could run and grab something to eat and take a little break.
10. I have found my calling in life. I am going to be a professional lunch maker. Besides the 30 minutes it took me to make cheese letters for the kids names, I really actually enjoy making fun lunches for the kids. I am particular about the food we put in their bodies (they do of course get treats, I'm not psycho about it) and I enjoy finding new ways for them to eat. I've learned that the blunt end of a bamboo skewer is the perfect size for popping food out of small cookie cutters. My kids have never been big fans of peppers but I cut them into little stars and they ate them all!