Friday, November 22, 2013

Baby #3 Week 19

WOW! What a difference from last pregnancy at 19 weeks to this pregnancy at 19 weeks! Its so fun to compare these posts and remind myself of how things were the first go round.

Last time we were decorating a nursery and putting together cribs! This time around I'm thinking about purchasing a crib. I've picked out what I want and hope to purchase it on black friday. We're going with a grey and either navy or light blue themed room. I can't decide between the two blues but don't want to do both.

Here are my inspiration pictures.



We had our anatomy scan ultrasound this week. Things were a bit crazy with two babies but Shep is looking good. He is measuring big but so were Holden and Emma Cate at the same point. I mentioned before that he has fluid in one of his kidneys. Evidently this is extremely common in boys and most of the times it resolves itself. At 32 weeks, we'll have another ultrasound to see if the fluid is gone. If it is not, we will be referred to a pediatric urologist (we've got a great one we love from Holden's surgery!) to discuss what to do. Sometimes they can fix the blockage and sometimes they'll have to remove the kidney. That happens VERY rarely and although we're praying that everything resolves itself, it is in the back of our minds as a possibility. 

Pregnancy Highlights:
Today's Date: Friday, November 22, 2013
How Far Along: 19 weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a mango and measuring 6 inches long. Shep is weighing in at 10oz.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I was up two lbs at the doctor this week! I'm finally hungry again!
Maternity Clothes: Mainly bottoms and some tops from last time around. I wore a maternity sweater the other day and I finally looked pregnant! 
Gender: Boy- confirmed again by Monday's ultrasound
Movement: Shep seems pretty gentle and I get little reminders during the day that he is hanging out in there!
Sleep: Pretty good! Heading to bed around 10-11 and waking up to my alarm at 6:15. On the odd days I don't have to use an alarm I still wake up around 7ish (joys of being a mom!)
What I miss: Wine! I'm excited to try some non-alcoholic wine for tailgate tomorrow
Cravings: Nothing major. I still get full pretty fast. I am still into crunchy stuff. Soft things like my usual favorite of pasta taste good for a few bites and then lose their appeal! 
Symptoms: Still doing my regular Wednesday morning vomit. So strange! Everything else has been great!
Best Moment this week: Our whole little soon-to-be family of 5 all together in the ultrasound room. It was CRAZY but that's what I'm looking forward to our life becoming :)


your baby's the size of a mango!
At about 6.0 inches long and weighing in at about 8.5 ounces, she's getting there!

2 comments:

  1. Those rooms are gorgeous! Also -- have you ever seen Giuliana and Bill Rancic's nursery for their little boy (it's a navy themed room)? It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anni! Leighton had something similar while I was pregnant with her. We didn't find out until I was 41 weeks. She had a blockage that ended up resolving itself in-utero. We followed up after she was born with a pediatric urologist at Duke- Dr. Weiner, until about 2 weeks ago actually. He monitored her kidney with ultrasounds 4 times a year her first year of life, 2 times a year her second, and once a year her third to make sure the blockage didn't reform. She also had 2 VCUG scans to find out how the kidney was working. We have been discharged as of this month. Hopefully if little Shep's doesn't resolve on it's own he will just have to be monitored like Leighton! Dr. Weiner was awesome and I recommend him :), although I know Duke is a haul and I am sure Charlotte has some awesome docs as well! I will say some prayers for that sweet baby's kidney, I know it will all be alright :)! Congrats on baby #3 and Happy Thanksgiving! Caroline

    ReplyDelete