Thursday, November 14, 2013

Indiana

Over Halloween we took an unexpected trip to Indiana to visit my Grandfather. He was just diagnosed with lung cancer and my mom and I hopped in the car and headed up to be with her family. Most of the weekend consisted of hospital visits but we did find some time to be a little touristy and take a walk down memory lane.

We drove through Dayton, Ohio where I was born. We passed St. Elizabeth's Medical Center where I was born. I have early childhood memories of driving by this hospital and my parents always announcing that's where you girls were born!

Friendly's is another favorite Ohio treat! There used to be one a Lake Norman and we would stop every weekend on our way home from the lake. Unfortunately it went out of business. We may or may not have stopped at 9:30am for Sundays on our drive home through Ohio.

On our way home we drove through Kettering, the town we lived in when I was little. I loved how pretty our little street looked with all the leaves. The picture does not do it justice!

Here is my swingset that my Dad build over 25 years ago! Can't believe it is still standing!

Here is my parent's first home. The top floor window used to be an attic and my dad converted it to my bedroom when my sister was born. I remember this house feeling sooo big when we lived there! Three bedrooms, One full bath (no master!), one half bath, and a big (well big to me) basement. I always remember it feeling so cozy! I would have loved to knock on the door and take a little tour.

1 comment:

  1. We will be praying for you and the family. I lost both my grandfathers to Lung cancer and now watching my FIL go through it :( I

    **the Friendly's Ice cream looks so yummy** perfect anytime of the day when you are on a road trip!!

    ReplyDelete